Data on the Old World is a Side Quest in NieR: Automata.
"Pascal asked you to collect information pertaining to the old world. Bring back any interesting tidbits that you find."
"The information pertained to nuclear weapons from the Old World. It could be dangerous in the wrong hands, so it might be best to hand it over to the Commander. Make a choice and deliver the intel to either Pascal or the Commander"
"You attempted to deliver the nuclear weapon intel to Pascal, but he refused to accept such dangerous information"
Data on the Old World Objectives
- Find Archives about the Old World
- Deliver the information on the old world to Pascal
- Decide if you should give Nuclear Fission information to Pascal or the Commander
Data on the Old World Rewards
- Nuclear Fission information given to Pascal:
- Heal Drops Up +6 Chip
- Clean Nut x3
- Skill Salve (L) x1
- Large Recovery x1
- 1,300 EXP
Giving the information to Command:
Data on the Old World Walkthrough
- This quest is available on your second playthrough, when you are 9S and can access Locked Chests.
- Find all the Archives related to Old World Information. These are locked and hidden inside chests around the world.
- Once you obtain information on nuclear weapons, a choice is available: give the information to Pascal or to the Commander. Giving it to Pascal has no negative effects, as he refuses the information and rewards you anyway.
- This ends the quest
- Chapter 06: King of the Forest [Ch. 06-05: A2's Revenge] After turning in all of the Old World Data to Pascal, except for the Nuclear Arms Manual, the chest containing the manual in City Ruins will spawn.
- Using chapter select if you haven't turned in Data on the Old World you have to get the book again from the chest even if you already have the archive/item it's associated with (if you load a savefile that had gotten it you can turn it in).