Machine Examination 1 is a Side Quest in NieR: Automata.
"A wrecked Goliath is resting in the city Ruins. Gather the materials required to repair its damaged circuits."
"With its circuitry restored, the Goliath became capable of limited speech. The data retrieved, however, was fragmented and of little use. Further repairs are necessary if more detailed information is to be obtained.
Machine Examination 1 Objectives
- Gather a Pristine Screw
- Use the gathered materials to repair the Goliath
Machine Examination 1 Rewards
Machine Examination 1 Walkthrough
- After the attack of Goliath machines in the City Ruins, approach the inactive broken Goliath by where the Speed Star quest begins (In between Factory and Resistance Camp). The location to inspect the Goliath can be found in the middle of the road in front of the Goliath, on a small piece of rubble resembling the top corner of a building.
- 9S will comment that he can repair the machine with the right materials, in order to learn more about them. If you cannot seem to interact, nearby enemies may need to be disposed of first.
- In order to obtain the materials, head out to the Desert Zone, and fight the enemies near the Camp area.
- Once you have all the materials, return to City Ruins and interact with the Goliath again. You obtain some isolated words from the machine and 9S translates its memories for you.