|Item Type||Plug-in Chip|
|Chip Type||Attack Chip|
Counter is a Plug-in Chip in NieR: Automata. The Counter Plug-in Chip is an Attack Chip. Plug-in Chips are items that you can equip to acquire or customize mostly passive and some active Skills in the game. Primarily, Plug-in Chips provide passive buffs or additional stat bonuses, as well as provide the user with different skills and/or effects. There are five types of Plug-in Chips: Attack, Defense, Support, Hacking, and System.
Counter NieR Automata Plug-in Chip Effect
- Move toward an enemy attack with perfect timing to counter it. (0%~250% counter damage)
- When an enemy attacks you are able to push the control stick towards the enemy, countering their attack and giving you more room to retaliate as Dodging takes a bit longer.
- This chip can effectively render you near immortal from some bosses that rely on direct attacks. Allowing you to attack with impunity while mashing the control stick towards your enemy while attacking.
- Counter even works when your evasive systems are down, or if you're recovering (From self-destruct, over extended B-mode or story points where you have limited manuverabilty and can't dodge.) This is due to the fact Counter is a chip, not an actual evasive action.
Where to Find the Counter Plug-in Chip in NieR Automata
- Drops from a Medium Biped wielding a sword.
- Location/s: Desert: Housing Complex / Adam's Boss Pit
Counter Plug-in Chip Upgrades in NieR Automata
|Name||Level 0||Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4||Level 5||Level 6||Level 7||Level 8||Most Efficient Load|
|♦ Storage Cost||♦4||♦5||♦6||♦7||♦9||♦11||♦14||♦17||♦21||(Number of Chips)x(Level) [Cost]|
|Counter||0%||10%||30%||60%||80%||100%||150%||200%||250%||1x8 ; 1x7, 1x3 |
Counter Plug-in Chip Notes & Tips
- Other notes and player tips go here.
- Plug-in Chips can have a Level between 0 and 8 that determines how strong the effect of that chip is. Not all chips have multiple levels.
- All Plug-in Chips have a Cost that determines how much space they take up when equipped in storage. You can purchase more storage space from merchants so that you can equip more chips.
- The Cost of a chip can vary, and so lower Cost is desirable because the chip will use less of your storage capacity.
- Chips have a minimum and maximum Cost that is determined by their type and Rank. Chips with the lowest possible Cost for their Rank are marked with a ♦.
- Plug-in Chips of the same Type and Rank can be Fused to create a new chip of the same type that is one Rank higher.
- The Cost of a new chip is calculated from the Costs of the two chips being Fused. Check out the Plug-in Chips Reference Guide for optimal chip fusion if you need help creating ♦ Cost chips.
- Chips can be Fused to Rank 6 typically and up to Rank 8 at the Canyon Machine after completing her quest.
- When prompted for the first time she aks for a painless death thinking the androids were sent to kill her, if the player chooses to spare her life, she will give you the side quest Lord of the Valley. After clearing the quest she starts selling and fusing Chips. Canyon Machine can fuse chips up to +8.
- Plug-in Chips can be purchased, obtained from quests, or acquired from enemy drops. Chips purchased are often a high rank while chips dropped from enemies have a random rank and can sometimes drop ♦ Cost chips.
- When you die you lose all the chips you had installed. To recover them you must make your way back to your prior body. Failing to do so results in losing the chips.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Nearly useless on PC, as the method of spamming a directional input to trigger it just evades.
Where I can get him?
I use a Counter +2*, although i have higher ones. If you only want the counter itself, get a Counter+0* it uses only 4 slots.
Its based heavily on Timing. Since every enemy propagates its attacks, you just need to push into the hit. This saved my butt a lot during Route C. Combined with Overclock, you become a god.
You will know, if it connected, if you hear a loud noise like swords clashing. (sometimes the camera moves or you see a flash) In that moment, you can choose to use a light or strong hit,similar to a perfect evade Attack.
Master this. In doubt, evade. Or evade into a counter, which is flashy as **** during Overclock.
this video is helpful
shows the two types of counter evasive and chip
i do not won the video
sumary of video evasive is the 4 way split teleport thing followed by light heavey or pod fire, chip method is to send movment input in the direction of the incoming atack to kind of shove it away dealing the effect of the chip.
I can't get this thing to trigger for the life of me, I only get an deflect. tried all sorts of timing, and I just don't understand it.
I dont quite understamd how its used