|Item Type||Plug-in Chip|
|Chip Type||Attack Chip|
Critical Up is a Plug-in Chip in NieR: Automata. The Critical Up Plug-in Chip is an Attack Chip. Plug-in Chips are items that you can equip to acquire or customize mostly passive and some active Skills in the game. Primarily, Plug-in Chips provide passive buffs or additional stat bonuses, as well as provide the user with different skills and/or effects. There are five types of Plug-in Chips: Attack, Defense, Support, Hacking, and System.
Critical Up NieR Automata Plug-in Chip Effect
- Increases critical hit rate. (1%~30%)
Where to Find the Critical Up Plug-in Chip in NieR Automata
- Dropped by Small Biped
- Dropped by Desert Medium Biped
- Situational: Chapter 10-02 City Ruins
- Drops at the Amusement Park Rollercoaster (1 of each per ride)
Critical Up Plug-in Chip Upgrades in NieR Automata
|Name||Level 0||Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4||Level 5||Level 6||Level 7||Level 8||Most Efficient Load|
|♦ Storage Cost||♦4||♦5||♦6||♦7||♦9||♦11||♦14||♦17||♦21||(Number of Chips)x(Level) [Cost]|
|Critical Up||1%||2%||3%||4%||6%||8%||10%||15%||30%||1x8 |
Critical Up Plug-in Chip Notes & Tips
- Other notes and player tips go here.
- Plug-in Chips can have a Level between 0 and 8 that determines how strong the effect of that chip is. Not all chips have multiple levels.
- All Plug-in Chips have a Cost that determines how much space they take up when equipped in storage. You can purchase more storage space from merchants so that you can equip more chips.
- The Cost of a chip can vary, and so lower Cost is desirable because the chip will use less of your storage capacity.
- Chips have a minimum and maximum Cost that is determined by their type and Rank. Chips with the lowest possible Cost for their Rank are marked with a ♦.
- Plug-in Chips of the same Type and Rank can be Fused to create a new chip of the same type that is one Rank higher.
- The Cost of a new chip is calculated from the Costs of the two chips being Fused. Check out the Plug-in Chips Reference Guide for optimal chip fusion if you need help creating ♦ Cost chips.
- Chips can be Fused to Rank 6 typically and up to Rank 8 at the Canyon Machine after completing her quest.
- When prompted for the first time she aks for a painless death thinking the androids were sent to kill her, if the player chooses to spare her life, she will give you the side quest Lord of the Valley. After clearing the quest she starts selling and fusing Chips. Canyon Machine can fuse chips up to +8.
- Plug-in Chips can be purchased, obtained from quests, or acquired from enemy drops. Chips purchased are often a high rank while chips dropped from enemies have a random rank and can sometimes drop ♦ Cost chips.
- When you die you lose all the chips you had installed. To recover them you must make your way back to your prior body. Failing to do so results in losing the chips.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Some interesting facts about Critical Damage that I've found in the official "Nier: Automata World Guide - Volume 2":
- critical hits only trigger for melee damage, causing 4x the damage.
- the shock waves launched by Shockwave chip are not melee damage, but long range attack, so cannot cause critical hits.
- critical hit rates are determined by the equipped weapon properties AND equipped Critical Up Chips. Critical Ups can increase rate up to 30%, I assume that the eventual effect by weapons that have "Critical +" simply adds together.
Does this apply to pod attacks as well?
Farmed my +8 diamond very early in the game with the help of a sidequest.
Quest is called Family Squabble. After the Assault to City Ruins in which the crater in the middle appears going to Pascal's Village through the shortcut in City Ruins will let you accept the side quest with the mother and the child arguing.
Go to City Ruins (do a quick save) find the child and protect him from the Small Bipeds, once defeated before picking everything up do a quick save just in case you end up talking to him by mistake instead of picking that item close to him.
They only drop Critical UP chips which makes this farming quite fast and you can do this until you get your +8 diamond, sell the bad ones for good money as well, if by accident you talk to the child just exit the game and load it again and repeat the process.
30% is the max. amount
made the video. hope this helps
Best way to farm for crit up is to go to the chapter right after 2B escapes the "religious factory", and tranport to the City Ruins: Near Factory. There will be a lot of small bipeds which drop crit up which respawns quite a lot.
I usually move from the City Ruins: Near factory towards the Resistance camp (place NEAR the entrance, not within), then to the place where you fight Eve. Move back to the City Ruins: Near factory across the place where you first speed raced (right before you go up the collapsed buildings) to the Engel's body and below the bridge towards the factory. Then save and go back to the chapter and repeat.
You'll also encounter a lot of medium bipeds, which give you weapon damage upgrades, and goliath bipeds which give you down-attack up chips. Ignore the small stubbys since they give you no chips. You can also fight some medium flyers near the City Ruins: Center on your way to the place you encounter Eve, which give you Ranged Attack Upgrades.
I will post a video link to this farming technique if I ever record it.
crits also deal 5x damage
It seems as though crit chips will stack with the Cypress Stick to increase crit chance (I reached ~48% so far with incomplete crit chips)
If someone finds a good place to farm this chips I would like to know. so far the best place for me is the cave leading to Emil real house.