Drop Rate Up
|Item Type||Plug-in Chip|
|Chip Type||Support Chip|
Drop Rate Up is a Plug-in Chip in NieR: Automata. The Drop Rate Up Plug-in Chip is a Support Chip. Plug-in Chips are items that you can equip to acquire or customize mostly passive and some active Skills in the game. Primarily, Plug-in Chips provide passive buffs or additional stat bonuses, as well as provide the user with different skills and/or effects. There are five types of Plug-in Chips: Attack, Defense, Support, Hacking, and System.
Drop Rate Up NieR Automata Plug-in Chip Effect
- Increase enemy item drop rate by 10-90%.
Where to Find the Drop Rate Up Plug-in Chip in NieR Automata
- Dropped by Small Flyers in the Amusement Park during the first parts of the game. They can be farmed by riding the coaster many times.
- When playing as 9S in the later parts of the game, they start to drop Heal Drops Up chips as well.
Drop Rate Up Plug-in Chip Upgrades in NieR Automata
|Name||Level 0||Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4||Level 5||Level 6||Level 7||Level 8||Most Efficient Load|
|♦ Storage Cost||♦4||♦5||♦6||♦7||♦9||♦11||♦14||♦17||♦21||(Number of Chips)x(Level) [Cost]|
|Drop Rate Up||10%||20%||30%||40%||50%||60%||70%||80%||90%||1x4, 1x3 |
Drop Rate Up Plug-in Chip Notes & Tips
- Other notes and player tips go here.
- Plug-in Chips can have a Level between 0 and 8 that determines how strong the effect of that chip is. Not all chips have multiple levels.
- All Plug-in Chips have a Cost that determines how much space they take up when equipped in storage. You can purchase more storage space from merchants so that you can equip more chips.
- The Cost of a chip can vary, and so lower Cost is desirable because the chip will use less of your storage capacity.
- Chips have a minimum and maximum Cost that is determined by their type and Rank. Chips with the lowest possible Cost for their Rank are marked with a ♦.
- Plug-in Chips of the same Type and Rank can be Fused to create a new chip of the same type that is one Rank higher.
- The Cost of a new chip is calculated from the Costs of the two chips being Fused. Check out the Plug-in Chips Reference Guide for optimal chip fusion if you need help creating ♦ Cost chips.
- Chips can be Fused to Rank 6 typically and up to Rank 8 at the Canyon Machine after completing her quest.
- When prompted for the first time she aks for a painless death thinking the androids were sent to kill her, if the player chooses to spare her life, she will give you the side quest Lord of the Valley. After clearing the quest she starts selling and fusing Chips. Canyon Machine can fuse chips up to +8.
- Plug-in Chips can be purchased, obtained from quests, or acquired from enemy drops. Chips purchased are often a high rank while chips dropped from enemies have a random rank and can sometimes drop ♦ Cost chips.
- When you die you lose all the chips you had installed. To recover them you must make your way back to your prior body. Failing to do so results in losing the chips.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
When I reach the 90% cap my game just crashes, is it only for me?
Roller coaster does take a long time but mostly due to the fact that half the chips dont even lamd on the ride. The auto-collect chip might at least help with the ones that fall on the rails and are just outside reach.
Rollercoaster took forever. Best way if you're looking for xp chips too is go from the vending machine to the entrance and kill everything, npc included. Quick save load and repeat.
If you're trying to also farm exp+ chips the front entrance is a good place to quick save/load farm since the flyers there also drop the chip frequently and the other bots in the area drop nice chips too.
+3 and +4 chip is more efficient at 16. Says so on the page. I'm a dumbass.
It is more cost effective to use 3 of the +2 chips (cost 18, 6+6+6 black diamond) than it is to use a +8 chip. It is also more cost effective than any other combination. Thought this might help people. Also thought it was a weird oversight by the developers
They can be farmed from the rollercoaster ride in festival city. You don't even need to attack the other machines, because it is infinitely repeatable.
Drops from flying units in festival city