Gathering Keepsakes is a Side Quest in NieR: Automata.
"A man at the resistance camp has lost contact with his comrades and asked you to find them. All members of the group wield dual weapons. Head to the source of their last known communication in Flooded City."
"You found the resistance member's corpse in the flooded city. It looks like he came here in an attempt to escape a battle. You collected the dog tag from his fallen body. You've received Resistance distress signals coming from the Amusement Park and Abandoned Factory. Go Investigate"
"The resistance member who sent the distress signal from abandoned factory didn't make it. he was already dead when you arrived.
The resistance memeber in the amusement park called out for help, but it was too late. He was already dead by the time you arrived."
"An urgent request for backup came through to the dead resistance member's location. head to the desert and save the resistance!"
"The resistance member in the desert was killed by a tank-like machine lifeform. Bring the item you recovered from his body back to the man at the camp."
"Having received the mementos of his fallen comrades, the resistance man gathered flowers from around the camp to commemorate their sacrifice"
"9S erected a grave for 2B, putting to use the knowledge of funeral customs that he'd learned. He laid her to rest among beautiful white flowers so she would finally be at peace"
Gathering Keepsakes Objectives
- Go to the Flooded City
- Investigate the signals at the Amusement Park
- Investigate the signals at the Abandoned Factory
- Go to the Desert Zone
- Defeat the Machines
- Return to the client at the Resistance Camp
- Visit Emil's special place under the Commercial Facility
Gathering Keepsakes Rewards
Gathering Keepsakes Walkthrough
- This quest becomes available on your third playthrough, after the quest Loss, when you select 9S and trigger "Tower Recon".
- Talk to the resistance member at the Resistance Camp and agree to help him.
- Head to the Flooded City, and go towards the broken road by the sea. Defeat some machines and interact with the dead android to obtain Rusty Dog Tag x1. Your pod will update other search locations.
- Go back to the transporter and travel to the Amusement Park. The machines here have turned into Zombies. Go to the reception area where there were celebrations earlier and obtain Damaged Dog Tag x1
- Next go to the Factory: Entrance access point in City Ruins. On the plans near the access point, you can find Dirty Dog Tag x1.
- Continue to Desert Zone to the marked area near the central access point. You will be attacked by a new type of machine, and after you defeat it obtain Bloody Dog Tag x1.
- Return to the Resistance Camp and the man will give you a reward, but the quest is not done yet.
- Go to City Ruins: Near the Tower and head to Emil's secret place under the Commercial Facility (Must have completed Emil's Memories). 9S will mark a grave for 2B and end the quest.