Goliath Tank is a Boss in NieR: Automata. Goliath Tank units have multiple versions that are encountered throughout different Locations. Each of them have their own unique data that can be obtained and not all Goliath Tank encounters are hostile. Bosses are special larger Enemies that can be encountered throughout the game in different Locations. A Boss encounter will usually signify game progress or a chapter ending when following the main storyline. Some of these bosses may first be encountered As NPCs to introduce some Lore and backstory before they are inevitably faced in a Combat encounter as a Boss. Boss encountered are identified by their introductory title that will be displayed just before combat begins. Their HP bar and Level will also be displayed above the character throughout the combat encounter. Some bosses in the game may be optional and avoided. All information on optional or required bosses stats, Locations, encounters and strategies can be found on their designated Bosses
A tank-like, Goliath-class machine lifeform found at the abandoned factory. It requires a number of smaller units to function, including a commander in the top section of the turret, an operator in the front chamber, and various other machines scattered throughout. The top-mounted cannon is capable of firing energy rounds and powerful lasers, while the front contains an arm-like sctructure that can strike and cleave foes with ease. Finally, the rear section boasts both the attacking and defensive...
NieR Automata Goliath Tank Location
- Goliath Tank is encountered in the Quests: Protect the Children
- Goliath Tank can be encountered in the following Locations: Abandoned Factory
NieR Automata Goliath Tank Information
- Type: Peculiar Machine
- HP: ??
- Lv: ??
- Goliath Tank is not an optional encounter. They are part of a main story quest: Protect the Children. Objective: Defeat the enemy backup.
Other variants can be encountered throughout the different Locations. Each will have their own unique data intel.
Goliath Tank Locations:
- Goliath Tank (Desert): Desert Zone
- Goliath Tank (Amusement Park): Amusement Park
- Goliath Tank: Abandoned Factory
Abandoned Factory Goliath Tank Data:
- A tank-like, Goliath-class machine lifeform found at the abandoned factory. It requires a number of smaller units to function, including a commander in the top section of the turret, an operator in the front chamber, and various other machines scattered throughout. The top-mounted cannon is capable of firing energy rounds and powerful lasers, while the front contains an arm-like sctructure that can strike and cleave foes with ease. Finally, the rear section boasts both the attacking and defensive...".
Desert Goliath Tank Data:
- A tank-like machine lifeform with thorns and blades across its exterior. Its thoughts are dominated by mayhem, as well as a burning desire to avenge its comrades.
Amusement Park Goliath Tank In game data:
- "Found in the ruins of an amusement park, this tank-like, Goliath-class machine lifeform has a tread-based system of locomotion that lets it cover all manner of terrain. Appearance-wise, the unit seems to be part of the park itself, right down to its decorative lights and a turret that fires colorful confetti. Strangely enough, it also insists on obeying archaic traffic laws, even going so far as to use turn signals and brake lights."
NieR Automata Goliath Tank Drops
Goliath Tank Strategies NieR Automata
Goliath Tank Strategy (Melee) NieR AutomataWhen approaching this boss fight, players will need to get through a number of Machine unit encounters before eventually facing the Goliath Tank. The act are regular enemy units and when encountered at the Abandoned Factory, are surrounded by other machinery. The Goliath Tank in this area releases an array of orbs that spew in all directions, but are usually released above them. When you face, continuously reposition yourself to avoid getting surrounded by the smaller machine units. Get to the side of the tank to deal damage while the orb turrets on top are aimed upwards.
Look for the sides of the tank that do not have the turrets installed and focus your attacks there. Most of the Tanks attacks are focused on its front side. If you circle around, the tank will not have the opportunity to deal any melee attacks or charge forward since it has to re align itself. The best way to avoid damage is to continue to circle around the tank to avoid other units, and to stay out of the tank's line of sight.
At some point you can also approach the hatch in the middle by climbing onto the back platform which will reveal a canister containing the machine's power core. This is the tank's weakpoint. You can focus here to quickly deplete it's HP but it as a result, the tank will no longer drop the Machine Core.
Throughout the fight, circle around the Tank while avoiding the smaller units to eventually destroy it. This will also progress to the next sequence. The next boss you will face is the Engels.
Goliath Tank Attacks NieR Automata
|Orb Turrets||These orbs are continuously released during this encounter. It is safer to approach while the turrets are pointed upwards.|
|Machine Units||What makes this encounter difficult are the number of surrounding machine units that attack alongside the Tank. You will constantly have to move around the the arena to avoid getting surrounded while trying to reposition yourself closer to the tank in order to get a few hits in.|
|Charge||Stay out of the line of sight of the tank to avoid this attack where it charges forward.|
Goliath Tank Notes & Trivia NieR Automata
- Goliath Tank NieR Automata Notes & Tips go here.
Goliath Tank Gallery NieR Automata
You can expose it's weakpoint which is it's core by climbing onto the back platform and pressing E.