Idiot Savant is a Side Quest in NieR: Automata.
"Pascal claims that children in his village are made to study economoics and numismatics. He urged you to speak with them and hear what they have to say on the subjects. One of the machine children was offered a choice between a cheap coin or an expensive one. The child selected the cheap coin, much to the cruel delight of the others. Something might be the matter with the young robot's circuits, so hack into it to find out."
"Upon hacking the child, you discovered that his circuitry was capable of extremely complex operations. When you asked the child why it made such foolish decisions, he explained that acting stupid could be very profitable; as long as he askef for cheaper coins, he would keep earning them from his foolish fellows. After agreeing to keep his secret, you walk away with a few salient questions about the true nature of genius."
Idiot Savant Objectives
- Speak to the machine children
- Hack into the machine child
- Speak to the child
Idiot Savant Rewards
- Hijack Boost +6 Chip
- Machine Head x2
- Machine Torso x2
- Machine Leg x2
- Machine Arm x2
- Machine Core x1
- 1,300 EXP
Idiot Savant Walkthrough
- This quest becomes available on your second playthrough, once you are 9S and have hacking capabilities.
- The quest unlocks after the Assault event happens in City Ruins and have already started the Data on the Old World side quest. Go to the Machine village and go past Pascal and up some jumping blocks to talk to the children and begin the quest.
- This is a rather difficult hacking. Learn which patterns you have trouble with, and get rid of those early on before they become too fast. It's best to leave the two single-line ones for last.
- Talk to the machine again and receive your reward.