Item Shops are run by Merchants in NieR: Automata. They are NPCs found across several regions in the game and allow players to purchase consumables and HUD upgrades. Supply traders can have Quests to share. Merchants in NieR: Automata are NPCs that have a stock of different wares that can include can include different Items such as Uprades, Weapons and Consumables depending on the type of Merchant you visit. Merchants are NPCs that are available to trade or sell certain goods or provide services that can benefit the player progress through the game or can aid in Combat. Players with excess items can also choose to Sell Items to these Merchants to gain more funds (G). A few regular NPCs that are part of the story may also be considered merchants if they own a stock. Emil, featured in the previous title reappears in NieR Automata and owns an Item Shop.
- Note: Item Shop Stock Items such as Visual Cure, Aural Cure, Cure Manipulation, Volt-Proof Salve and more Plugin-Chips become available for purchase after progressing through Story Missions & Playthroughs. The prices of most items increase per new game cycle. This applies to both buying and selling.
Merchant Types NieR Automata
A Merchant's stock or services can depend on what kind of Merchant they are in NieR Automata. Some items may become available from these merchants as you progress through the game. Certain Merchants such as Supply Traders may even have extra interactions such as an available quest. All available Merchant Types and their stock can be found below:
- Item Shops: Consumables and HUD upgrades
- Weapon Shops: Weapons and Weapon Upgrades
- Maintenance Shops: Storage and Pod Upgrades and Programs
- Supply Trader: Consumables and Enhancement Items
Merchant Items NieR Automata
All Items in NieR: Automata are also sorted into different categories which can determine which Merchant to look for when searching for a specific enhancement or upgrade.
- Enhancement Items: Temporarily Enhances character abilities
- Support Items: Temporarily Enhances character abilities
- Restorative Items: Restores HP or cures status ailments
- Materials: Used for Crafting or Upgrading Weapons
Merchant Related Quests NieR Automata
Some Merchants or NPCs are attached to certain quests that can be done for them to affect their stock or gain access to their shop all together.
Item Shop Stock NieR Automata
Item Shops are the main and most common types of Merchants in NieR Automata. NPCs that own a shop as well as Supply Traders will also man an Item Shop. Item Shops will commonly sell basic Restorative Items, Enhancement Items and basic Plug-in Chips. Some unique shop stocks include Materials and sometimes Weapons. The following Item Shop owners do not stock the regular supply:
- Canyon Machine: Plug-in Chips only (High level available)
- Amusement Park Shopkeeper Machine: Materials
- Pascal's Item Shop: Machine Parts
You may also come across some unique Weapons from some of the following Merchants:
- Emil: Emil's Weapons shop becomes available when at the right location and chapter
- Devola & Popola: Their Item shop stocks the unique weapons: Type-3 Blade and Type-3 Sword (3rd Playthrough) that can only be obtained from their shop.
Buying Trophies NieR Automata
There is a Secret Vendor that sells Trophies and can be found after completing Route C in the game. She will be in the Resistance Camp with the initial name displaying Strange Resistance Woman. She can be found wearing a Machine part head. Speak to her to display her dialogue options and you can select to Request "unlocking you-know-what." This will give you access to her Secret Shop where you can Spend money to get certain things done. You can then find and purchase Trophies from here.
All Item Shops NieR Automata
Item Shops NieR Automata
Supply Traders NieR Automata
Special NPC Item Shops NieR Automata