Speed Star is a Side Quest in NieR: Automata.
"A machine in the city ruins has challenged you to a race. Reach the goal before he does!.
You won the race, but the machine is not done with you yet."
Speed Star Objectives
- Race to the finish line
- Talk to the High Speed Machine.
Speed Star Rewards
- Speed Salve (L) x3
- New Bolt x1
- Dented Plate x4
- Rusty Bolt x3
- Moving Speed Up +3 Chip
- 750 EXP
Speed Star Walkthrough
- This quest unlocks after the Assault event on City Ruins. To start it, head over to the broken Goliath machine Engels and go up the broken highway. A blue flyer machine is going in a speedy circle - talk to it to begin the quest.
- Equip as many movement speed chips as you can, and race to the finish avoiding the enemies and using Evade to dash and increase your speed.
- You can also use the Pod Program A110: Slow to throw on the High-speed Machine right at the start of the first two races and give yourself a clear advantage.
- You will have to race it 3 times in order to finish the quest.
- Sometimes the machine bugs out and does not show at its location. You will have to travel away and come back or reload the game, or come after finishing your current main objective.
- If you progress the Main Quest too far (Flooded City) the quest fails and you will have to restart it on your next playthrough or on chapter select.
- There is a chance that you can just use Alt+Tab when the screen go dark. You can skip the race introduction and set your own a headstart bug when High-Speed Machine still wait for countdown.
- Quest tag q032 in save file.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!