The Wandering Couple is a Side Quest in NieR: Automata.
"You met an android couple who fled from the Resistance to hide at Pascal's village. They abhor violence, and only wish to live in peace. Go to the abandoned factory to collect the following item in order to perform maintenance on the male android."
"You brought the male android the elaborate gadget. Apparently, they plan to leave Pascal's Village as soon as the maintenance is done."
"You ran into the android couple again at the flooded city, and learned they are trying to flee beyond the sea. Give them 50,000G so they can pay a man called "The Emancipator".
"The thankful couple vowed to repay the money you loaned them"
"Upon revisiting the flooded city, you find that the male android has been betrayed and knocked out by The Emancipator. The female android fled as a distraction, but should be somewhere in the amusement park. Go help her!"
"You found the female android's heavily damaged body in the amusement park. Go to the city ruins and track down the following items to repair her: Memory Alloy."
"Pascal fixed the female android, and the couple has reunited. They are also still insistent on resetting their memories. The female android was trying to modify the male android's personality to be more to her liking. This is the sixth time she's reformatted him."
"The experience with the female android who wanted to modify her partner has taught Pascal that women can be scary"
The Wandering Couple Objectives
- Elaborate Gadget x1
- Deliver the items to the Android couple.
- Travel to the Flooded City and find the couple again.
- Give the couple 50,000G
- Travel away and then again to the Flooded City, find the male android
- Use the bio-data to find his partner.
- Repair the girl with 1x Memory Alloy
The Wandering Couple Rewards
- Pearl x5
- Medium Recovery x3
- 200 EXP
- Black Pearl x4
- Moldavite x4
- Full Recovery x1
- Overclock +3 Chip
- Pod Program: A080: Wave
- 750 EXP
The Wandering Couple Walkthrough
- This quest unlocks after you obtain the main quest Machine Trade. Return to the Machine Village and go to the ground floor via a ladder, speak to the androids near the ladder.
- Go back to the City Ruins, and make your way to the Factory area, where you had previously retrieved your body during the quest Improving Communications. The item is by some boxes.
- Return to the Machine Village to give the androids their needed parts. They will thank you and promise to leave the village, but the quest does not end yet.
- Visit the Flooded City and find them standing by a broken building. They will request 50,000G from you. Give them the money to proceed the quest.
- Leave the region and the quest will update, then come back and find the male android hurt by the bridge. He tells you the Emancipator was a swindler and that he doesn't know where the girl is.
- Use the bio-data with your pod to locate her. She was last seen at the Amusement Park. Travel there and find her by a tree near the reception area. She needs 1x Memory Alloy to be repaired. Once you have the material, talk to the android and Pascal will appear and perform the repairs for you.
- After this is done, the androids will discuss that they want a reformat to go back to their resistance camp life as it has proven too challenging to be on the run. If you agree to reset them, the male android will go first, and you soon learn this was the girl android's plan
- Quest ends when you talk to Anemone and trigger main quest in the Flooded City.
- BUG: in the Amusement Park, after you give the Memory Alloy for repair the android, you can't go away or reload the game, if do that, the two androids and Pascal disappear, and you cannot complete the quest anymore. You can repeat the quest in the B game (if you bug the A) or chapter select.
- BUG: Also after starting the search for the woman who fled into the Amusement Park you can's save / restore or the two androids and Pascal disappear, and you cannot complete the quest anymore.