Machine Arm is a Crafting Material in Nier: Automata.
See below for farming / acquisition suggestions.
The arm unit of a machine lifeform.
Effects & Uses
- Used to upgrade weapons. Can also be sold for G.
Where to Find/Location
- Reward for completing Idiot Savant
- Reward for completing The Recluse
- A viable farming spot for Machine Arms may be the Boss Arena adjacent to the Desert Housing area (return to the area after the boss fight to engage in a Colosseum-style battle arena of wave after wave of desert enemies).
- This author notes that after equipping the maximum number of Item Drop rate chips, and farming the area at level 63, Machine Arms dropped at a rate of approximately 1 every 5 minutes.
- Results may vary - other users are encouraged to update this section accordingly.
- Similiar resaults have been reproduced without the use of any Drop Rate chips, at level 32, first playthrough (As 2B).
- After Pascal has become a vendor (if his memory is wiped at the factory), he will sell Machine Arms at 675G per unit.
- AS A2 - Returning to the Forest Castle as A2 in your Third Playthrough, one may farm machine arms from the enemies patrolling the castle. The precise drop rate has yet to be confirmed. Farming the bottom area of the Forest Castle as A2 (jump down at the right side of the transporter, then move left.) with maximum Drop Rate on lvl 99, you can gain more than 5 Machine Arms per 5 minutes, as well as various other items, such as Machine Cores, Small gear and whatnot.