Machine Arm is a Crafting Material in NieR: Automata. Crafting Materials are used to upgrade your Weapons and Pods and you will find them in various Locations throughout your playthrough of the game. They can also be dropped by some Enemies as you defeat them.
The arm unit of a machine lifeform.
Where to Find Machine Arm in NieR Automata
- Reward for completing Idiot Savant.
- Reward for completing The Recluse.
- Uncommon drop from machines.
- After Pascal has become a vendor (if you have wiped his memory at the factory as A2), he will sell Machine Arms at 675G per unit.
Machine Arm Effects & Uses in NieR Automata
Can be used to upgrade the following:
- Faith (Required: 2)
- Iron Pipe (Required: 2)
- Beastbane (Required: 2)
- Phoenix Dagger (Required: 2)
- Ancient Overlord (Required: 2)
- Type-4O Sword (Required: 2)
- Virtuous Contract (Required: 2)
- Cruel Oath (Required: 2)
- YoRHa-issue Blade (Required: 2)
- Machine Sword (Required: 2)
- Engine Blade (Required: 2)
- Cypress Stick (Required: 2)
- Virtuous Treaty (Required: 2)
- Cruel Blood Oath (Required: 2)
Machine Arm Notes and Tips
- Other Notes, Tips, and Trivia for Machine Arm in NieR: Automata goes here.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
I tried farming in the boss arena near the Desert Housing Complex for about 10 minutes with max Drop Rate chips at level 28 and didn't get a single Machine Arm. I did get 4 Machine Torsos, 3 Machine Legs, and 4 Machine Cores though.
Route C (as 9S): Machine Arm Drop (in Abandoned Factory: Underground Area) from Cult Machines. Required 80%+ Drop Rate Up Chip
You can farm machine parts by soing the Parade Escort quest and making sure to fail it, this will allow you to consciously spawn the higher level enemies that reliably drop limbs
You can buy Machine Arms from Pascal after chapter 14
While working my way through the lower factory levels as 9S in route C to collect the locked chests I got over a dozen machine arms with 50% drop up. I haven't tested this enough but this might be a good place to farm for arms.
another great spot to farm would be in the White City that Adam built. the boss area becomes an endless wave of small and flying machine.
You can cheese the spawn of the robots that drop Machine arms going from left to right and right to left in the lower level of the castle like this https://youtu.be/hAIJRSxDGFc