Machine Head is a Crafting Material in NieR: Automata. Crafting Materials are used to upgrade your Weapons and Pods and you will find them in various Locations throughout your playthrough of the game. They can also be dropped by some Enemies as you defeat them.
The head unit of a machine lifeform.
Where to Find Machine Head in NieR Automata
- Uncommon drop from machines.
- Desert Housing: Dropped by lvl 38 large bipedal enemies in the boss area.
- Reward for completing The Permanent Recluse.
- Reward for completing Idiot Savant.
- Can be purchased from Pascal in the village after A2 wipes his memories.
Machine Head Effects & Uses in NieR Automata
Can be used to upgrade the following:
- Angel's Folly (Required: 2)
- Demon's Cry (Required: 2)
- Type-4O Fists (Required: 2)
- Type-3 Fists (Required: 2)
- Virtuous Grief (Required: 2)
- Cruel Lament (Required: 2)
- Machine Heads (Required: 2)
- Emil Heads (Required: 2)
Machine Head Notes and Tips
- Other Notes, Tips, and Trivia for Machine Head in NieR: Automata goes here.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
You can also find them (even if it's a rare drop) in Emil's underground cavern, even in Route A. Enemies there are Level 40, so be careful.
Got a machine head, it's better than the rest. Green to Red
The Permanent Recluse gave me Machine Arms and not Machine Heads
i found one in the sewers while fishing but i didnt find another one. so its probably there just really rare to find
Kills with the Shockwave don't count as weapon kills.
In other words don't use it if you're trying to rack up the number of defeated enemies with your Machine Brand weapons.
Also kills made by your partner don't count as well.
Pascal sells them after you spare him and... you know. you'll know when.