Filler Metal is a Crafting Material in NieR: Automata. Crafting Materials are used to upgrade your Weapons and Pods and you will find them in various Locations throughout your playthrough of the game. They can also be dropped by some Enemies as you defeat them.
A metal used in welding.
Where to Find Filler Metal in NieR Automata
- Sold by the shopkeeper in the Park Ruins: Attraction Sq. (after completing Route C).
- Random harvestable item in the lower sections of the Abandoned Factory (inside the Factory:hangar saving point room there are 3 harvest spots).
- If the Goliath has already spawned in the Factory:Hanger access point area, you can follow this farming loop in Route C instead. Tip: equipping Auto-Collect Item chip is very useful for farming, speeding things up:
- Go to the Factory: Hangar access point, save, and don't take the elevator. Follow the path through the Factory "forward" fighting everything you encounter, and also blowing up the piles of dead purple machines, which sometimes drop materials. Keep going, fighting and collecting drops, until you get a fight in a silo (round area) with 2 or 3 Enhanced machines (type depends on your level - at 60+ you might encounter 3 Multi-leg Mediums, or 2 Multi-leg Mediums and an Enhanced Goliath).
Filler Metal Effects & Uses in NieR Automata
Can be used to upgrade the following:
Filler Metal Notes and Tips
- Other Notes, Tips, and Trivia for Filler Metal in NieR: Automata goes here.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
found some in da purple robot throne room, nat spawn node
Forest area colosseum rank 3 right can randomly get these too
If you don't have access to lower factory, go to entrance, then through doors and turn right to elevator. 4 Loot spots, chances of having maximum of 2 filler metal.
Factory: Furnace - first item on the ground can be Filler metal
Factory: Hanger - the two drops can be Natural Rubber or Filler metal
Factory: Entrance - natural rubber and Filler inside bushes
I was transporting to Furnace, then to Hanger, then to Entrance which resets the stuff inside the factory. I'd run to the two drops near by which all seem to have similar drop tables.
Keep saving and loading inside the Factory:Hanger , 2/3 spots there that can have filler metal. seems like 1/6 chance for all 3 spots.
Also gotten Natural rubber, Copper Ore, Iron Ore, Silver Ore and Crystal
Also drops from harvest spots in the lower factory.