Filler Metal is an Crafting Material in Nier: Automata.
A metal used in welding.
Effects & Uses
Where to Find/Location
- Sold by the shop keeper in the Park Ruins (after completing Route C).
- Random harvestable item in the lower sections of the Abandoned Factory (inside the Factory:hangar saving point room there are 3 harvest spots).
- If the Goliath has already spawned in the Factory:Hanger access point area, you can follow this farming loop in Route C instead. Tip: equipping Auto-Collect Item chip is very useful for farming, speeding things up:
Go to the Factory: Hangar access point, save, and don't take the elevator. Follow the path through the Factory "forward" (kind of up and to the right), fighting everything you encounter, and also blowing up the piles of dead purple machines, which sometimes drop materials. Keep going, fighting and collecting drops, until you get a fight in a silo (round area) with 2 or 3 Enhanced machines (type depends on your level - at 60+ I was seeing 3 Multi-leg Mediums, or 2 Multi-leg Mediums and an Enhanced Goliath).
- If that fight doesn't drop Filler Metal, keep going and fighting until you get to the other end of the elevator. You might get lucky with a random drop, but if you don't, reload your save, and run the loop again. Keep running the loop, saving if you get a drop of Filler Metal, reloading if you don't, until you have farmed what you need. I got 3 Filler Metals, which was all I needed, in about 20 minutes of running that loop.
- As a change of pace if you get bored, start by taking the elevator, and work your way down and to the left of the Factory, until you return to the Hangar access point.
- A total of 10 Filler Metal items are required for all upgrades.
Amber ♦ Ancient Mask ♦ Beast Hide ♦ Black Pearl ♦ Boar Meat ♦ Broken Battery ♦ Broken Circuit ♦ Broken Key ♦ Children's Cores ♦ Clean Nut ♦ Complex Gadget ♦ Copper Ore ♦ Crushed Nut ♦ Crystal ♦ Dented Plate ♦ Dented Socket ♦ Drab Bracelet ♦ Dye ♦ Eagle Eggs ♦ Elaborate Gadget ♦ Giant Egg ♦ Gold Ore ♦ Iron Ore ♦ Large Gear ♦ Lovely Choker ♦ Machine Arm ♦ Machine Core ♦ Machine Head ♦ Machine Leg ♦ Machine Oil ♦ Machine Torso ♦ Meteorite ♦ Meteorite Shard ♦ Moldavite ♦ Moose Meat ♦ Mushroom ♦ Natural Rubber ♦ New Bolt ♦ Pearl ♦ Plant Seed ♦ Powerup Part L ♦ Powerup Part M ♦ Powerup Part S ♦ Precious Earrings ♦ Pristine Cable ♦ Pristine Screw ♦ Pure Water ♦ Pyrite ♦ Rusted Clump ♦ Rusty Bolt ♦ Severed Cable ♦ Shattered Earring ♦ Silver Ore ♦ Simple Gadget ♦ Small Gear ♦ Stretched Coil ♦ Stripped Screw ♦ Sturdy Socket ♦ Tanning Agent ♦ Tech Manual ♦ Thick Dictionary ♦ Titanium Alloy ♦ Torn Book ♦ Tree Sap ♦ Tree Seed ♦ Viscous Oil ♦ Volt-Proof Salve ♦ Warped Wire