Large Gear is a Crafting Material in NieR: Automata. Crafting Materials are used to upgrade your Weapons and Pods and you will find them in various Locations throughout your playthrough of the game. They can also be dropped by some Enemies as you defeat them.
A large gear for something.
Where to Find Large Gear in NieR Automata
- Sold by Emil for 11,250G when he is near the crater or the Resistance Camp.
- If Emil is not near that location, you can head towards the Abandoned Commercial Facility over the bridge to make him respawn. Begin to head back over the bridge towards the city ruins and check his location. If it is not correct, repeat until it is.
- City Ruins - Locked Chest: Located down the long ladder from the first building encountered across entry to the City Ruins during Gathering Intel.
- City Ruins - Locked Chest: Located just through the entryway to the right of the Cave access point.
Large Gear Effects & Uses in NieR Automata
Can be used to upgrade the following:
- Iron Pipe (Required: 3)
- Ancient Overlord (Required: 3)
- Cruel Oath (Required: 3)
- Cruel Blood Oath (Required: 3)
- Cruel Arrogance (Required: 3)
- Demon's Cry (Required: 3)
- Cruel Lament (Required: 3)
Large Gear Notes and Tips
- Other Notes, Tips, and Trivia for Large Gear in NieR: Automata goes here.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
On B route (as 9S) you can farm them in Desert Housing Complex, where you fight Adam for the first time.
Enemies there spawn infinitely and drop nice loot along with large gears.
Emi's Shop sells Large Gears and other High-Grade Materials.
Here is what I did. (These steps are not refined, some may be skippable.)
1.) Spawn Desert Camp and find him nearby, shoot him and talk to him
2.) Head to his home (Search a video online for that)
3.) Pick up Emil's Mask
4.) Fast Travel to City Ruins: Near the Tower
5.) Cross the bridge into the Abandoned Commercial Building and head back on the bridge halfway towards City Ruins
6.) Check your Map to see if he spawned near Resistance Camp and if not, repeat step 5
7.) Walk over to resistance camp, shoot/talk to him, and he has a chance of selling (High-Grade Materials or +6 Plug-in Chips)
Here's some info on Emil's Shop's spawn rate/locations/etc.
Why is it such a low chance?
Dude does Emil actualy sell large gears he didnt for me
Someone should add that you can get the large dears from the stubbies found in the Copied City during Route C.
doing gods work
Easiest method to farm these is by taking the quest Machine Examination 2, it will ask you to gather 4 Pristine Screws and 1 Large Gear, go to the save point City Ruins: Near the Tower, standing right by the tower will be a Goliath Biped and a Small Stubby, the GB will drop 1 Pristine Screw (I have 42 of these and they have dropped with 100% dependability) and the Stubby will drop a Large Gear (also 100% dependability). Simply save and reload and they will respawn.
Emil doesn't sell large gears