New Bolt is a Crafting Material in NieR: Automata. Crafting Materials are used to upgrade your Weapons and Pods and you will find them in various Locations throughout your playthrough of the game. They can also be dropped by some Enemies as you defeat them.
A newly made bolt.
Where to Find New Bolt in NieR Automata
- Reward for completing Game Dev Machine Lv 3.
- Reward for completing Speed Star.
- Reward for completing Reconnaissance Squad.
- City Ruins - Locked Chest: Located down the long ladder from the first building encountered across entry to the City Ruins during Gathering Intel.
- Sold by Emil for 11,250G (Resistance Camp route).
- Dropped on Route B by level 34 machines in the Amusement Park entrance, near the stone fountain, and flying machines on the roller coaster.
New Bolt Effects & Uses in NieR Automata
Can be used to upgrade the following:
- Faith (Required: 3)
- Type-3 Sword (Required: 3)
- YoRHa-issue Blade (Required: 3)
- Type-3 Blade (Required: 3)
- Spear of the Usurper (Required: 3)
- Type-3 Lance (Required: 3)
- Type-3 Fists (Required: 3)
New Bolt Notes and Tips
- Other Notes, Tips, and Trivia for New Bolt in NieR: Automata goes here.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Here's a tip: In the Flooded City during route C, I found that some of the small stubby guys (or the flying ones, I don't remember which if not both) drop a new bolt sometimes. I was farming for Pure Water and had no drop rate up chips but I got at least 3 or 4 new bolts in about 15 minutes. (So if you need to farm for both then you know where to go).
you can easily farm them by riding the rollercoaster over and over in route B and having drop rate up chips
Royal Chamber, Route C. Youll probably get 1 each time from the enemies there.
They also drop from lvl 34 amusement park machines. I dropped by only to see they weren't lvl 38 yet but slaughtered them anyways and one dropped it. I think it was one of the flying machines. During route B.
You can also buy them from Emil when he's near the resistance camp. Just as he passes the entrance to the resistance camp, shoot him to stop him a little ways away from it. He'll sell the higher end materials like memory alloy, new bolt, etc. If he has his weapon selection, reload your game and try it again.