Gold Ore is a Crafting Material in NieR: Automata. Crafting Materials are used to upgrade your Weapons and Pods and you will find them in various Locations throughout your playthrough of the game. They can also be dropped by some Enemies as you defeat them.
Mined ore containing gold. Humans treasured gold as a valuable mineral, but to machines it's worthless.
Where to Find Gold Ore in NieR Automata
- Desert Zone: in a chest near the Oasis for the Photographs side quest.
- Reward for completing Popola's Errand.
- Acquire during A Villager's Request from Anemone.
- Sold by the Clown Vendor in the Amusement Park (after completing Route C).
- Can be found from items in the Flooded City.
- Can be found in Forest Zone.
Gold Ore Effects & Uses in NieR Automata
Can be used to upgrade the following:
- Faith (Required: 2)
- Iron Pipe (Required: 2)
- Beastbane (Required: 2)
- Type-3 Sword (Required: 2)
- Cruel Oath (Required: 2)
- Machine Sword (Required: 2)
- Cypress Stick (Required: 2)
- Fang of the Twins (Required: 2)
- Beastlord (Required: 2)
- Type-3 Blade (Required: 2)
- Machine Axe (Required: 2)
- Beastcurse (Required: 2)
- Spear of the Usurper (Required: 2)
- Type-3 Lance (Required: 2)
- Cruel Arrogance (Required: 2)
- Machine Spear (Required: 2)
- Demon's Cry (Required: 2)
- Type-3 Fists (Required: 2)
- Cruel Lament (Required: 2)
- Machine Heads (Required: 4)
Gold Ore Notes and Tips
- Other Notes, Tips, and Trivia for Gold Ore in NieR: Automata goes here.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Some are in the Tower
"...but to machines it's worthless."
Glad I came here before selling it. I still need money though :(
I think this can also be dropped by the enemies in the pit of Desert: Housing Complex where you first fought the humanoid
can be found in the factory, in a secret compartment in one of the towers, on one of the long zoom-out 2d sections. some robots drop down from one, jump up where they dropped down and you'll find 2.
can be found in flooded city on route c not sure if you can on early playthoughs