Pristine Screw is a Crafting Material in NieR: Automata. Crafting Materials are used to upgrade your Weapons and Pods and you will find them in various Locations throughout your playthrough of the game. They can also be dropped by some Enemies as you defeat them.
A newly made screw.
Where to Find Pristine Screw in NieR Automata
- Dropped by Goliath Biped (Desert Zone)
- Dropped by Goliath Biped (Enhanced Machines)
- Dropped by Goliath Biped during quest Machine Examination 2. The drop rate is almost guaranteed because the other drop is a Large Gear. Once you collect 4 Pristine Screws for the quest, you can keep farming them instead of turning the quest in. Spots are: 2 Goliath Biped near Desert access; 1 Goliath Biped at City Ruins: Near Tower access point; 1 Goliath Biped at City Ruins: Center access point; 1 Goliath Biped outside Resistance Camp. This proved to be the most effective way to farm Pristine Screw.
- Dropped by Goliath Biped (Forest Kingdom Machines) - a good place to farm this is chapter 17-01/17-03 in front of the castle. Kill the two Goliath Bipeds at Forest Castle: Front, transport to Forest Castle: Royal Chamber, go towards the location of the Forest King and jump down. Repeat as necessary.
- City Ruins - Locked Chest: Located down the long ladder from the first building encountered across entry to the City Ruins during Gathering Intel.
- Sold by Emil (route City Ruins: Near Factory)
Pristine Screw Effects & Uses in NieR Automata
Can be used to upgrade the following:
- Beastbane (Required: 3)
- Beastlord (Required: 3)
- Beastcurse (Required: 3)
- Angel's Folly (Required: 3)
Pristine Screw Notes and Tips
- Other Notes, Tips, and Trivia for Pristine Screw in NieR: Automata goes here.