Simple Gadget is a Crafting Material in Nier: Automata.
A gadget so simple you don't know what it's for.
Effects & Uses
Where to Find/Location
- 3 Rewarded for completing the quest Terminal Repairs
- 5 Rewarded for completing the quest Anemone's Past
- Forest Zone: Royal Chamber. Treasure point in the cradle where the baby king was before.
- City Ruins: Near Factory. 4th floor of the building that you first come out on after the prologue.
- City Ruins: Near Factory. On top of the Engels saw.
- City Ruins: Near Tower. Treasure point on the stone archway reachable by floating from the tower.
- Can be found in hidden treasure spots when scanning. Known locations:
- Forest Castle: Front . Right below the access point. Drop down in the direction of the castle.
- Forest Castle: Front. First multi-tiered room inside the castle, bottom floor.
- Bunker. Room of 9S.
- Resistance Camp. Right in front of the fence, on the way to the back of the camp.
- Factory: Entrance. On the ground under the bridge leading to the city.
- City Ruins : Near the factory: Turn right and go to the tall building, take stair to go to the thrd floor, turn left and follow the narrow floor. (Must use Auto-collet Items chip)
- City Ruins: Near the Tower. Go to the commercial facility across the bridge, near the entrance to the lift.
- City Ruins: Near the Tower. Just behind the wall with the moveable cube on the way to Pascal's village.
- City Ruins: Found with Dynamic Scanner in the center of the collapsed area not far from a building fallen on its side.
- Park Ruins: Attraction Sq. Next to the clown Shopkeeper Machine, by the overturned kart next to the gate.
- Pascal's Village. On the way to the gate that leads to the forest area.
- Desert: Camp. Inside the small cave over by the Multi-Tier Types.
- Desert: Housing Complex. In the alley leading to the area where you encountered the Adam for the first time.
- Desert: Camp. Inside the tunnel at the northeast section of the underground area.
City Ruins: Near Factory
Go to the City Ruins: Near Factory Access Point and turn right, running into the bottom floor of the tall building you first start out on. Go up three flights of stairs, and then turn left. If you have an Auto-Collect Item chip, you can simply hug the wall and collect the item through the wall. If not, you'll have to go towards the hole in the outside wall, jump out of it, and keep turning left in the air, until you enter a different hole on the same floor on the other side of the wall.
- A total of 20 Simple Gadgets required for all upgrades.
- One of the few materials that can't be bought at any point of the game.
Amber ♦ Ancient Mask ♦ Beast Hide ♦ Black Pearl ♦ Boar Meat ♦ Broken Battery ♦ Broken Circuit ♦ Broken Key ♦ Children's Cores ♦ Clean Nut ♦ Complex Gadget ♦ Copper Ore ♦ Crushed Nut ♦ Crystal ♦ Dented Plate ♦ Dented Socket ♦ Drab Bracelet ♦ Dye ♦ Eagle Eggs ♦ Elaborate Gadget ♦ Filler Metal ♦ Giant Egg ♦ Gold Ore ♦ Iron Ore ♦ Large Gear ♦ Lovely Choker ♦ Machine Arm ♦ Machine Core ♦ Machine Head ♦ Machine Leg ♦ Machine Oil ♦ Machine Torso ♦ Meteorite ♦ Meteorite Shard ♦ Moldavite ♦ Moose Meat ♦ Mushroom ♦ Natural Rubber ♦ New Bolt ♦ Pearl ♦ Plant Seed ♦ Powerup Part L ♦ Powerup Part M ♦ Powerup Part S ♦ Precious Earrings ♦ Pristine Cable ♦ Pristine Screw ♦ Pure Water ♦ Pyrite ♦ Rusted Clump ♦ Rusty Bolt ♦ Severed Cable ♦ Shattered Earring ♦ Silver Ore ♦ Small Gear ♦ Stretched Coil ♦ Stripped Screw ♦ Sturdy Socket ♦ Tanning Agent ♦ Tech Manual ♦ Thick Dictionary ♦ Titanium Alloy ♦ Torn Book ♦ Tree Sap ♦ Tree Seed ♦ Viscous Oil ♦ Volt-Proof Salve ♦ Warped Wire