Items in NieR: Automata is the different types of objects or categories of items that can be obtained throughout the game. This includes items such as Restorative Items, Enhancement Items, Suppor Items, Key Items, Materials, and collectibles such as Picture Books and Novels. All Items in NieR Automata are acquired in many ways like game progression, quest completion, exploration, and interacting with certain NPCs. This page covers all the available Items in NieR Automata. For a list of items sold in various merchants, please visit our Items Shop page.
How to Use Items in NieR Automata?
NieR Automata features fast-paced combat and in most situations, you are bombarded with multiple enemies and projectiles that come shooting at you, and if this happens you want to be ready to recover your health or even apply buffs if you want to survive and win in combat. While you are in combat, to find an item you want to use, you simply need to press the down arrow on the controller's d-pad, this shows you a list of quick items to use, and just select the item you need to consume.
You can also press the left side of the touchpad of the Dualshock/Dualsense controller to bring up a menu that lets you change equipment and use items. Just remember that opening the quick list of items or changing the set of equipment will not pause the game, so make sure that you have that safe window or be ready to dodge attacks while you cycle through your items. Another tip to remember is that 2B will automatically use recovery items if she is in critical health.
What are the Items in NieR Automata?
Items in NieR Automata are divided into 7 categories, Restorative Items, Enhancement Items, Support Items, Crafting Materials, Key Items, Picture Books, and Novels.
- Restorative Items: focuses on recovering health or removing status ailments.
- Enhancement Items: a set of items that provide the user with various temporary buffs and effects for combat.
- Support Items: similar to Enhancement Items, Support Items provide the user with temporary effects such as increased money drop, the ability to mount animals, and movement speed.
- Key Items: these groups of items are divided into two types, accessories and key items themselves. Accessories are mainly used to alter the look of the Playable Characters, such as costume, hair color, Pods, and more. Key Items, on the other hand, are objects used to unlock different aspects of the game or to simply progress the story.
- Materials: these are components used to sell in exchange for money, but are mainly used to upgrade equipment such as Weapons and Plug-in Chips.
- Picture Books: these are visual pieces of story information that you acquire as you play the game. It helps better understand the lore of the game.
- Novels: similar to Picture Books, Novels provide lore information to familiarize yourself with other aspects of the game's story.
NieR Automata All Item Categories
NieR Automata All Consumable Items
Quick Search of All Items in NieR: Automata
|Restorative Item||Restores 25% of HP.|
|Restorative Item||Restores 75% of HP.|
|Restorative Item||Restores all of your HP.|
|Restorative Item||Cures visual status ailments.|
|Restorative Item||Cures aural status ailments.|
|Restorative Item||Cure control anomalies.|
|Restorative Item||Cure all status ailments.|
|Restorative Item||Restores 100% HP and cures all status ailments.|
|Enhancement Item||Weapon attacks do double damage for 15 seconds.|
|Enhancement Item||Weapon attacks do double damage for 30 seconds.|
|Enhancement Item||Melee damage taken is reduced by 50% for 15 seconds.|
|Enhancement Item||Melee damage taken is reduced by 50% for 30 seconds.|
|Enhancement Item||Pod ranged attacks do double damage for 15 seconds.|
|Enhancement Item||Pod ranged attacks do double damage for 30 seconds|
|Enhancement Item||Projectile damage taken is reduced by 50% for 15 seconds.|
|Enhancement Item||Projectile damage taken is reduced by 50% for 30 seconds|
|Enhancement Item||Nullifies electrical attacks for 30 seconds.|
|Enhancement Item||Skill gauge replenishes twice as fast for 15 seconds|
|Enhancement Item||Skill gauge replenishes twice as fast for 30 seconds|
|Enhancement Item||Prevents staggering from an attack for 15 seconds|
|Enhancement Item||Prevents staggering from an attack for 30 seconds|
|Enhancement Item||Increases the power of weapon-based attacks by 50% for 30 seconds. Also restores 100% HP.|
|Support Item||Movement speed increases for 15 seconds.|
|Support Item||Movement speed increases for 30 seconds.|
|Support Item||Give to an animal to ride them.|
|Support Item||Enemies drop more money for 30 seconds.|
|Support Item||Enemies drop more money for 60 seconds.|
|Support Item||Disrupts auditory & visual feed for 30 seconds while generating other random effects.|
|Support Item||Decreases player level by 10.|