JPN : Aoi Yuuki
Pascal is an NPC in Nier: Automata. A machine life-form, but a pacifist nevertheless. He’s a highly intelligent machine with an interest in mankind and the the history of machine life-forms.
"Those who reside here desire nothing more than to live a peaceful existence."
- He is the leader of a machine village near the Forest Area, first encountered in the story quest Machine Recon.
- Pascal is unique in appearance as no other robot in the game bear his likeness.
- Unlike other robots in the game, this unit has a rocket on his crotch that allows him to fly great distances, much to A2's surprise.
- Despite having a pacifist view he does posses offensive abilities and weapons as seen in chapter 14-05.
Pascal Unit Data
! SPOILERS CAUTION !
"A pacifist machine lifeform that despises conflict and strives endlessly for peace with humanity. This unit possesses incredible intelligence, as well as a deep interest in the history of both humans and machines.
After fear overtook them, the children of the Pascal's village committed suicide. Filled with sorrow at his decision to teach them about fear, Pascal asked A2 to delete his memories. Once she did, the Pascal of old ceased to exist."
- If you choose to destroy him near the Resistance Camp as A2, you can receive Ending Z.
- If you choose to erase Pascal's memories at the end of Chapter 14, visit his village again and he will be available as a shopkeeper.
- He seems to have taken an interest in reading and philosophy. Can be seen reciting a line from Thus Spoke Zarathustra by Friedrich Nietzsche in Chapter 14-02.
- Pascal is most likely named after Blaise Pascal, a French mathematician, author and philosopher.
- After finishing A Villager's Request, Anemone will give A2 the philosophy book, Pensées. This book refers to Blaise Pascal's final work which is left incomplete after his death.
- In the TGS 2016 trailer, the characters of NieR: Automata were showcased along with a word/emotion that represents them the most. Pascal's was 親愛 (Affection).