YoRHa Type A No.2 (A2) is a character in NieR:Automata.
"Command is the one that betrayed you."
- One of the 3 playable characters.
- An android created by humans on the moon.
- Prototype model which would later be used to create the more advanced 2B and 9S.
- Ex -YoRHa member who distrusts the YoRHa.
- Keeps to herself unless she feels it is neccesary.
- Berserker ability will boost her attack trememdously while draining her health rapidly.
- (Spoliers) Intel - Unit Data:
The A-model is a YoRHa prototype that specializes in close-quarter combat. Though not presently in use, it was originally created to speed along the implementation of other official models such as 2B and 9S. This particular unit-whose official title is Class A, Number 2- was wanted by Command for desertion and ordered to be destroyed on sight. She first appeared in the Forest Castle, where she slew the Forest King. 2B and 9S engaged her in combat, but she managed to escape.
9S and A2 face off. A2 tries to convince 9S of how pointless this fight is, but her words fail to penetrate the cloud of violent anger in his mind. During the battle, 9S hesitates for a moment when he hears a memory of 2B calling out to him, leading to his demise.
- Unlike 2B and 9S, A2's dash carries a blinking effect, making it appear as she has teleportation abilities.
- Like her succesor 2B, A2 prefers to wield weapons by her hands, allowing swift and deft combos. A2 adopts a more hapazard style of fighting to complement her Berserker ability.