Amusement Park Rabbit
Amusement Park Rabbit is a Peculiar Machine enemy in NieR: Automata.
"A machine lifeform that mimics the bronze statues of the amusement park. Donning a pair of rabbit ears, it attacks by flailing a trumpet"
- Found at the entrance of the Amusement Park, in the center of the main plaza.
Amusement Park Rabbit Drops
- Guaranteed to drop a Powerup Part L upon killing it for the first time.
- Low chance to drop additional Powerup Part L's upon killing it again.
- Guaranteed to drop a Machine Core.
- The Rabbit will only wake up and fight you once you do enough damage to their dormant state.
- If you stand on the opposite side of the platform the Rabbit was on, it will block a majority of the bullets, keeping you safe. You should be able to repeatedly hack the Rabbit until it dies.
- Working on route B with 9S (Ch. 04-01: Amusement Park)
- Dormant Phase
- First, in order to hit the statue more accurately, hack a small flyer so you can push the statue down two steps to a better position.
- Now equip a loadout to maximize your DPS. For example:
- Chips: Weapon Attack Up, Ranged Attack Up, Fast Cooldown
- Weapons: any of the Large Swords work (preferably lvl 4). You won't be taking damage, so a lvl 3-4 Virtuous Treaty's Holy Blessing (Increases attack power when HP is full) won't be negated.
- Pods: Acquire all pods and equip one with Blade. Use the charge attack (all three pods will be visible).
- Awake Phase
- switch to EXP chips and healing/defense (if needed).
- Hack the the Rabbit to deal damage while dodging attacks and healing.
- You can easily repeat this by quick-saving and exiting to the title screen (you will get a short cutscene the first time when loading back in if you started from 04-01).
- At 65+ it take less than 2 minutes and with +40% EXP chips you gain at least 3 levels each time.
- Dormant Phase
- The fastest route for farming once you beat the game [hacking dormant rabbit no longer works, see notes]:
- Use Chapter Select to go to Chapter 04-01: Amusement Park
- Enter the amusement park and skip the intro cutscene
- Hack into a gun robot and kill the other enemy robots
- Hack the Rabbit, self-destruct to get out of your robot, and hack it until it dies
- Run to the nearest Access Point, save, and repeat
- The Rabbit has an extremely high health pool, so it is not advised to take it on with anyone other than 9S until you reach at least level 70.
- It seems that wake up by hacking has been patched so, it won't work on 1.06 and higher.