Loss is a Main Story Quest in NieR: Automata.
"The Commander doubted your report, but whatever virus was on earth has now made it to The Bunker and overtaken all YoRHa units here. You must protect the commander"
- Escape the Bunker
- Go to the commercial facility
- Destroy all contaminated YoRHa units
- Rendezvous with 2B
- The Bunker is now hostile towards you and you must evacuate
- Lead the Commander towards the Hangar, past several attacking androids.
- Once you reach the Hangar, the commander will reveal she is infected you, and order you to return to earth as the last two surviving members of YoRHa.
- As you arrive back on Earth, a flight section ensues. You cannot defeat these units, just dodge and buy time. Eventually, 2B will take over 9S and send him to safety, and will crash onto the Flooded City, surrounded by Small Biped, Small Stubby and Medium Biped enemies.
- Defeat them and head towards the access point: 2B is now infected with the virus and must make her way to a desolated area to avoid spreading it. The target location is the commercial facility between City Ruins and Forest Zone.
- As you near your destination, 2B will lose functions such as attacks and dashes, making it slow progress. Keep going forward avoiding enemies as best you can, until you reach your destination
- Here, YoRHa A2 will save you from certain death, and defeat infected units around you.
- After the cutscene, players control 9S once again, who wants to reunite with 2B and goes searching for her. Head to the ground area and avoid the attacking machines and animals as you run towards the commercial facility
- A cutscene will play as you arrive.
- One the pods have their discussion, you can selet to play as A2 or 9S.
- Choose unit A2 to trigger Destroy Machines