Game Dev Machine Lv 2 is a Side Quest in NieR: Automata.
"The game-creating machine at the amusement park needs more materials in order to make a more difficult game. Go to the abandoned factory and acquire a four-color cable from the soldier machines there."
"The machine lifeform at the amusement park used the item to create a second hacking game. It says it will give you a prize if you can find the bugs hidden in it."
"9S found the bugs in the hacking game. The thrilled creator happily handed over the prize."
Game Dev Machine Lv 2 Objectives
- Complete Game Dev Machine Lv 1
- Travel to the abandoned factory by going to Factory: Entrance
- Defeat a machine at the factory
- Bring the cable back to the machine lifeform.
Game Dev Machine Lv 2 Rewards
- Pristine Cable x3
- Ranged Defense Up (L) x1
- Titanium Alloy x3
- Severed Cable x3
- Large Recovery x1
- Melee Defense Up (L) x1
- 1,430 EXP
- Unlocks Game Dev Machine Lv 3
Game Dev Machine Lv 2 Walkthrough
- This quest becomes available on your second playthrough (9S) and after the Assault event at City Ruins. Go to the Amusement Park and take the lift under the boss room area. Follow the path to come to a section with several monitors and the Game Creator Machine. Finish Game Dev Machine Lv 1 to receive this quest.
- Travel to Factory: Entrance and go inside. Defeat the first few enemies you encounter, until you get a Four-color Cable.
- Return to the Game Creator Machine. Test the game until it bugs out. to do so, destroy only one of the two cylindrical pillars and approach the core without destroying the other. then receive your reward and accept the next quest: Game Dev Machine Lv 3
- Ignore the first couple of enemies in the game and head towards the cynlinder enemies, destroying one should debug the game.
- It is actually possible to start and complete all three of the Game Dev Machine quests before the Assault quest. During Ch 05-01: Pascal's Village (Machine Request, Machine Trade) (Route B) after speaking to Pascal for the first time, the red (???) dot for Game Dev Machine Lv 1 appears. Start the quest and the game will thereafter allow you to play and complete all three quests before Ch 05-02: Goliath Attack (Assault) (Route B) if you so desire.